Friday, September 26, 2008

And it starts




Soccer, soccer and more soccer. It's that time of year and we are all ready for it. We tried Brayden in it last year but he was much more fascinated in how the bench was stuck in the ground and "what the heck made that ground soft enough to suck in the flag sticks". Tevan has played a couple of seasons but prefers the baseball in the spring route and has also asked us if he could do gymnastics this year. We are still trying to figure out how to make that happen. Soooo, Rylan is our soul soccer star this year which makes game days and practice schedules much more relaxed. There was a time when I said I was going to make all the boys play the same sport because I thought there was no way to work out separate schedules. Saying that now, I hear how ridiculous that sounds. I guess it really was just wishful thinking. You've heard it before from a thousand Moms but I'll make it 1,001. Each of my children really are sooooooooooo different and I'm still learning to value and foster that. It definitely keeps parenting more exciting. So now we have Rylan in his first season of the big fields, traveling game schedules and playing real positions. (instead of the instinctive everyone running on top of each other and kicking each other's shins more than the ball, ah the days!) They have him playing striker. These are the pictures from his first game which they won 3-1. But who's keeping score? Oh yeah. We're allowed to do that this year too!

2 comments:

Jason and Shannon Ewing said...

Go Rylan go!!! Seems like yesterday it was me playing soccer! Yikes, Kendall and Kami will be playing before I know it.

Draper 8dachkojamomagrjn said...

Gotta love it, seems like every nite we are at practice or games now as well. so much fun. And then the girls are in gymnastics or Cheerleading. at least it is warmer down there. it is going to snow up to 12" in the mtns this weekend.