Friday, February 20, 2009

My Sweet Valentine


So it has been a whole week already since my Valentine surprised me for the first time ever and I'm already working out the finer details of how we can make that happen again! I got a text from my man at about 4:00 telling me to be ready to leave at 6:00 with an over night bag packed for the both of us! I knew I was not going to be given any answers so I immediately followed through with the request and sure enough my husband walked in the door at 5:45 with gorgeous roses and a grin that showed he had done something cool. We left our five little ones with their big brother (thank you B!!!!) and just.... left! He had ordered Olive Garden take out (one of my favs) and then we wound up at The Grand Hyatt hotel right off the San Antonio river walk!
I feel it important to note that in just short of ten years of marriage, we have spent exactly three nights away from our home and children. One night for our "honeymoon". One night for a sunrise wedding service for one of his friends in Austin and one at the condo 15 minutes from our home. Over our TWELVE YEAR relationship he has never surprised me with pretty much anything and MAN.... did he ever pull it off this time!
We had such a great time together. I don't know how we've made it this long with out ever doing something like that and we're determined that we will never wait that long again. We're already trying to see what we can make happen for our ten year anniversary in April. We're hoping New York City. :) Walks around a fancy four star hotel lobby, late night walks on the river walk in beautiful weather, lots and lots of uninterrupted talking, laughing, kissing.... it could only be just as good if not better in New York right?
Thank you sweet Valentine. We needed it. I loved it. I love you.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am jealous!! Sounds like you had a great time!

amber said...

I'm so glad you had a chance to get away and reconnect. Do it again!

kamberlynne said...

Ahhhh, heaven on earth, isn't it!?!?!?
We'll meet you in New York!

HeavenlyHome said...

Ok, that was really from me, but sometimes that 12 yr old of mine forgets where her computer is....

Lynne said...

You're truly blessed!!! Remember those surprise times always! They keep ya goin! We called ours "Mini-Moons". I can remember two during our years rearing children -- they still shine!

Love you guys more than you'll ever know!!

Mom