Saturday, April 4, 2009

Look What I've Got

This morning Haven came into my bed at 7:20 AM. Mind you, it is a Saturday which means they were all up late on Friday and SUPPOSED TO sleep in this morning! Mommy likes her Saturday sleep in. Waking up at 8:00, trying to push it to 8:30; that's almost heaven for me. But yesterday I made the mistake of telling the kids that we would be going to the park today for Trevan and Brayden's opening ceremonies. When she came in my room she was exclaiming that the sunshine was up so it was time to go to the park. I convinced her that the park trip was later and she should lay back down and go to sleep which... TADA it happened! So the first thing I figured out is that I must have some kind of magic cause Haven NEVER goes "back to sleep". But when she did this is what followed.
I hear her yell with a voice of amazement and a hint of worry, "THEY'RE MELTING!" I ignore that one cause dangit, I want to sleep! But then immediately following comes the explanatory and somewhat freaked out exclamation of "THE CATS!" This time I respond with a reassuring "Shhhh Haven it's OK." I don't know if I convinced her that she was OK or if the fact that cats are melting is OK but either way we all got to "sleep in" 'til 8:30. So the second thing I found out is that I got a sleep talker. So now not only does she talk all day but apparently she talks all night too! Sorry Payten.

3 comments:

Rae said...

Oh my goodness, how funny is that?!?!?!? Poor Payten indeed-and poor Momma too. Ah well, we still love our Gracie girl.

amber said...

She can sleep with me anytime. I was a sleep SINGER, so when Grandma Cothran came to visit us when we were little girls, she would ask to sleep in my room because she was an insomniac and she said I kept her entertained. She must have a alot to be smiling down on now!
P.S. you should NOT let her watch Wizard of Oz before bedtime anymore. :)

Lynne said...

You go Gracie!!! Every parent should have a sleep talker! Not only was Auntie Amber a sleep singer, she was a sleep reciter as well. We use to get the Pledge of Allegence for almost a year! Then when she started seminary, she would recite all the scripture masterys as well!! Then, Nana was too tired to see if she still continued! Oh, well; those were the days!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXO