Monday, October 20, 2008

It's so pretty





I am pleased to announce that the Draper home is now crib free! The girls were waking up in the same toddler bed or my bed every morning and I knew it was time for a makeover. I had been buying stuff for months to decorate their room when the time came and was very happy to have it when the time was here. For those of you who know me, you know I'm a bargain shopper so with the help of my gifted and talented husband we put together a gorgeous little girl's room for about $100. Spencer has now made 7 shelving units, 5 beds, a storage bench combined with a plant box and has more honey dos on the way. (I'm wanting an entertainment center built in the family room but that can only happen after he builds the movie shelves in the toy room!) Anyways... Haven and Payten love their bedroom and are more than happy to share it. When people come over Haven is quick to pull them back and show it off. She especially loves her lamp! Weirdo:-) Payten is happy to have someone to cuddle up to at night and Mommy is glad it's not me! I love my night time cuddles but prefer them before 3 a.m. My favorite part is their names on the wall. They are decorated so girly in a not over the top frilly way. It was a struggle to find all the letters but found success getting the last one from a Hobby Lobby about two and a half hours from here. Very very very thankfully, I had one of my best friends taking a trip so she picked one up for me on her way home. Thanks Nina! The letters each have little spots for pictures in them so it's cute to walk in and see pictures of my baby girls. I can't believe they are all so big. All of them including the boys. Their time with me is passing so quickly and some times my heart aches thinking of how much I will miss them just a few short years from now. So now is the part that I admit that I shed a few tears as I passed my babies' crib on to another family who will hopefully use it to cradle precious ones of their own.

3 comments:

Jason and Shannon Ewing said...

So cute!! It turned our really great!

HeavenlyHome said...

It is sooooo pretty! And unlike the dishes and the laundry, it'll stay done! Oh, I love projects!

amber said...

Wow Kim and Spencer! The beds are my favorite part. Great job!