Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No Go for B

Last night was Bryan's area to state auditions and they did not go well. He says that he knew it wasn't great but he thought he did pretty good. This time it just wasn't good enough.(finished ninth and needed to be top 5). It's a tough way to finish up his singing competitions his senior year and it's made him take a quick step back to look at what's ahead. He's really really really bummed about the whole thing and having a hard time regrouping so.... happy thoughts for B. We are so very very proud of him and know that there are many many more great, amazing and exciting things in his future. We've loved walking this path with him and can't wait to see the path he forges on his own. We're watching him evolve into this incredible man and I know he'll make his path one others will want to follow. Did I mention he's really really really bummed:(

4 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

Oh, so sorry, B! I can relate, after having made all-state for 3 yrs straight, I messed my SR yr audition and missed out, too! The good news...it didn't stop me--and it won't stop you either! You've got tons of music in your future still!

Lynne said...

A few bumps along the way are hard to take but we know who you are and you're going to be (and already are) a great man! Believe it or not there is soooooooooo much more ahead to keep you smilin'.

amber said...

Wow B. I'm sorry. Same story here. I also muffed my senior all-state auditions. I was so upset and disappointed and even embarrassed since I'd made it in previous years. As they say in Lion King, what's in the past, is in the past. Go forward. Better days are coming. I hope someday when one of my boys has a setback, you'll be able to offer some wisdom and they'll listen to you because of where you've gone from here. We're proud of you.
The Joyces

Cothran Family said...

Oh B, so sorry about that! We know that you are Mr. Talented and are proud of how far you went! Love ya and hang in there.