Friday, January 9, 2009

Girl's Day Out At The Zoo




Man! Going out to big busy places is a lot easier with just two girls! My good friend Nina (who also has three older boys of her own) and I took our three girls to the zoo today. We left with no stroller, did not have to visit the reptile house, never had to yell "Hey! get down from there!", and simply got to stop and smell the roses. It was a beautiful 83 degrees today and we had a really good time. We took the train ride first then ate lunch and then went animal watching. Once again I'll state that we didn't even step foot in the reptile house. :-) Instead we stopped for plenty of photo ops (notice the owie below Ella's eye. She's still learning to look out for those "flying books" around the Draper house.) and our girls got to be little models today. We had a lot of fun.

5 comments:

Jason and Shannon Ewing said...

How fun. We went a couple of weeks ago and there was a ton a mating going on...too fun to explain to little people!!

kim said...

About as fun as the "owy" butts on all the monkeys! Haven kept telling anyone who came around that "the monkeys had a crackened up bum". How observative of our little ones!

HeavenlyHome said...

Oh, my, I love those comments...crackened up bum.....lol!!!Did you say 83 degrees! I'm glad you took the opportunity to enjoy just your girls, they look so happy! Amen to no reptile house!!

Rebecca said...

I don't much enjoy the reptile house either. I need to take my kids to the zoo. We haven't been for years! Unfortunately, I will have to yell GET DOWN FROM THERE and other fun things with my monkey boys. It looks like you had fun!

amber said...

Wow. We love the zoo. Many fun trips there when we lived in TX. I noticed for the 1st time tonight that Payten is looking like ME at that age. Think of the picture of me in the turquoise pinafore standing in the dresser in Italy. They are such a blessing. Love them, love tem, love them.
Auntie Amber