Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Special Day



On Sunday Spencer and I got the opportunity to go with Bryan to receive his patriarchal blessing. Moments of those "spiritual highs" have not been coming as often as they used to so I was (and still am) very thankful to have shared that experience with my two big guys. There was a moment when our Patriarch asked me to share some things about Bryan and it caught me off guard. I immediately teared up as I thought of what I wanted to share. I have been with this kid for longer than I have been with any one in my entire life. His life has not always been easy and I know I was far from the best Mom at times so I marvel at how awesome he is and I'm glad I had the chance to put it all right out there for him to hear. I don't think I do that enough. I honestly truly do feel so blessed to have shared his life journey with him this far and can't wait to see what's just around the corner.

6 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

woo, hoo! Great things are around the corner!

Rebecca said...

Have I ever mentioned HOW BIG BRYAN IS GETTING! I know you probably already know that! You guys look great!

Rae said...

Dang...those are some super cute pics! Wonder who your photographer is. :) Ha ha ha...I know I'm not the best, but thanks so much for letting me share that part of it all with you! Love you guys!

Lynne said...

The light that was shining in your eyes, "B", when you came into church........I will always hold dear in my heart!! Love you sooooooooooooo very much, all of ya'll!

Cothran Family said...

Wow, he is so tall. Kim, that was a beautiful story about the special day. What an exciting thing. Patriarchal blessings are so great. Love you guys!

amber said...

REALLY TALL, even if a I factor out the hair. BTW, the boys all love your "owl-fro".
Seriously, you are fantastic Bryan. I can't believe how close you are to jumping off into a great adult life. Way to go, owl-fro. :)