Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Big 18th For B

So after a whirlwind of a week (the best week EVER!) I'm finally backtracking to blog my amazing adventures that have been going down at the Drapers. My birthday was the 22nd of April and that is when all the CRAZY stuff happened with my sisters. But Bryan's birthday was the 20th and got surpassed in the blogging world with the complete and utter surprise of my sisters showing up. (see the blog entry from the 22nd.) So.. of course I have to back up and let one and all see my "man" (whatever) on his 18th birthday.
I usually let my kids stay home from school on their birthdays but Bryan got up and at it without mentioning otherwise. When he came home this is what he found in his room.

OK. The girls weren't in there but they had decorated his rooms with a ton of streamers and balloons and candy thrown about. They hid in the back yard until B was inside and then he found it all. He called Spencer to tease him that for his birthday he came home to a room full of girls and chocolate on his bed! Funny guy ay?


These are the girls up close. His good friend Jordyn is to the far right of B. It was all her idea. She went and picked up Bryan's other good friend who is directly to the right of B. Her name is Taylor. And to the left of Bryan is Jordyn's little sister Kylie. They are all such sweet girls and it really made Bryan feel special.


Later that night we did our family celebration. B has ALWAYS chosen hot dogs for dinner for as long as I can remember. This year he shook it up by asking for hot dogs AND hamburgers. Daredevil.


Here is the loot part of the fun day.


How did we get from this....

to this...


in such a short amount of time. Where did the 18 years go? All the firsts and all the one and only(s) that define Bryan. I can picture so many amazing memories that I'm hoping and praying are forever imprinted in my mind. I know they are on my heart. How we love this baby of ours. Happy birthday big guy.

4 comments:

Lynne said...

How incredible!!! Number18 is always before you want it to happen! But, the memories will be there and show up at the least expected times but thank goodness, they do!! Even with all the pictures, there's always something more to shake up your world! Happy Birthday, again, Big Guy! You're loved more than you can even guess!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Cothran Family said...

I'm so glad I got to wish you a Happy one in person B. Love ya man. You are such an amazing person, brother, son and nephew (even if you are taller) We love you tons!

amber said...

Happy Birthday HUGE guy!

joelandbecca said...

Happy Birthday Bryan! Looks like an awesome day. I love that he loves Twilight! Seriously, what girl couldn't help but fall for a guy like that!? So sweet!