Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!


I can't believe it has been almost a whole month since the biggest surprise of my life! It started out with my sisters in kahootz with Nina which led to the reaction on the post of 22nd. (See Suupise Sista!) To this day I still can't believe they pulled that on me and the less than 48 hours I had with them was wonderful. We made the most of every minute of it even if it was 4 AM!


I honestly had no idea who they were. It crossed my mind at one point that they looked like my sisters but as fast as it came in it went out. After all, how could my sisters possibly be here?!? And who do I know that dresses like this? Who knew I had such rock star sisters!?!


Here's Amber who came from Maryland and left 5 boys at home! I hadn't seen her in four years. What an awesome big sister right? She has always looked out for me for as long as I can remember. I was told she was the master mind behind the whole thing . They didn't even tell Spencer. Nina went to HUGE lengths to keep it all under cover and boy did it ever work!



This is Catherine who also came from Maryland leaving her 6 children at home! I hadn't seen Catherine in over 6 years! She had never seen either of my girls and she has Briella who I've never seen before either. Another amazing big sister who has been an inspiration to me throughout my life.


And here we have Eliza, my brother's incredible wife who I have just happened to adore for more than ten years. She left her three babies in Utah. I haven't been able to spend any real time with her since she came out here for our temple sealing in 2003. It was so good to spend time with all of them. I still can't believe they were actually here! It came and went so quickly that sometimes it seems like a dream. I'm glad we have so many pictures to forever remember the experience.

They showed up with flowers, balloons and a yummy cake that read "Suupise" on it. Gotta love the Asians at HEB! After my kids were forced to go to bed instead of getting to know more of the Aunties, I sat around staring at them thinking, "There's Amber. In my house. There's Catherine and Eliza. IN MY HOUSE!" It was completely unbelievable! Spencer was a trooper in taking over the running of the household because I had checked out. That first night most of us (heh hum Amber) stayed up until 5 AM just catching up with each other's lives. Then we were back up and at it by 8 to keep the party rolling.

So now is when I take a blogging break. We shoved so much into two days that this camera addict can't fit it all into one blog! I've decided to break it up into days so tomorrow's blog will be our trip to see the San Antonio temple and our wild girl's night out! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Lynne said...

What a happy surprise for you!!! You all look amazing!!! Glad it was such a success for you!!XOXOXOXO

amber said...

I LOVE looking at these photos! I almost can't believe it myself! Gotta get crackin' on arranging all the great pics we've downloaded onto shutterfly!
Blog on, sista!

HeavenlyHome said...

That seems like some alternate reality, doesn't it!?!?!? So many blessings and miracles went into that crazy trip! I feel so special to have been a part of it!