Saturday, May 23, 2009

We Actually Really Did Do It

Now, I have trimmed up my little girls' mullets before but never been brave enough to do the whole thing. I'd been thinking about it lately but when I would ask Haven if she wanted to get a haircut she would immediately put her hands on the top of her head and say "No way Jose!" But when Auntie Amber asked her if she wanted to play "beauty parlor" and get all done up she so happily exclaimed "Yes!" I guess it's all in the wording and having three doting Aunties with them to get the first hair cuts.

Here's Haven's beauty parlor experience with Mommy and the Aunties.


The first cut. Aunties Eliza took on the brave mission.



Still cutting.


And... still cutting.



Auntie Jen put "product" in her hair to help hold those super cute curls and Auntie Amber put in a fancy new pair of sparkly earrings. She usually changes her earrings almost everyday so that they match her outfits but not the Auntie Amber earrings. She just took them out for the first time this past Wednesday for her ballet/tap pictures. She loves them!


Auntie Amber even put "make up" on to finish it all off and then you get this......


And this....



And of course we couldn't leave little Ella out of all the fun. She was needing a new do too.

Payten's first cut.


And another one. She sat pretty still for a not quite three year old until something would brush across her neck. It mad her giggle every time.


Go Eliza go! (You know they are going to need a touch up in a couple of weeks. Can we make the appointment now?)


Auntie Amber put some pretties on Ella too. We wanted to see if her hair would hold ANY curl so Auntie Jen gave it a try . Nope. NO curl but perfect just the way it is. Which looks like this...







And then together you get this.....


It doesn't get much cuter than that.


I admit it. I had a little twitch go through my heart. After all, it was my babies hair.


But then I get to have this picture implanted in my heart and it's all good. I really do love the new hair cuts. I think both of them fit each of them perfectly. Not to mention they look SO DARN CUTE! Thanks Aunties for the fun time at the beauty parlor. We won't forget that one for a very long time!

5 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

Oh mY gracious...they are even cuter than I remembered! Oh, Oh, Oh, sniff, sniff, now I really miss my little beauties...!!!

Sandra said...

They look sooo cute i love it and i love the look on your face holding their strand of hair

joelandbecca said...

Ok, they are so cute, it hurt my heart!

Lynne said...

Oh!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did we wait soooo long! How absolutely adorable. Can't wait to see it in person and give squeezes to all!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXX

amber said...

Oh my precious little nieces, how I miss you....