Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Day Indeed



This experience with my sisters was without a doubt the biggest birthday surprise of my life. Although I was still wheeling myself into reality that they were really here, we headed out the next morning for a fun filled day. With Spencer at work and the boys at school, Nina even arranged a babysitter for the girls so I wouldn't be caught up in last minute favor begging. Which also meant she got to come with us. So as every respectable Mormon girl does, we headed out to the San Antonio temple for some sight seeing.


None of these sisters had seen this temple before. I know we're always biased to our own "home temples" but San Antonio's really is gorgeous. It's a smaller temple with amazing stained glass windows throughout it and of course beautiful flowers everywhere.


This is one of the stained glass windows off of the side of the temple. A picture can't capture it's magnificence but I can look at it and remember.


This is Nina and I. Isn't she so sweet and pretty? Don't let the looks fool ya! She covered all her tracks so well that I now know she is an in the closet liar! I'm just joking! She went through such great lengths to help pull this all together without me knowing. I've had a few kindred spirit friends cross my path in this life time. Heather Jones (now Bradbury) through my childhood years. Karin Havens who knows everything about me. The good, bad, the ugly and could tell you what I would do before I even do it. And now that I'm all grown up, Heavenly father has blessed me with my Nina. I love this girl.


"Here we are together together together. Oh here we are together with my pretty sisters." (Primary song. Sorry.)
This shot made me flash back to my early childhood when my Mom would set us all up for a photo op. It brings back happy memories of life before everything went crazy.
Anyways..It was really really good to be there. It's not a secret to most that I've been struggling with a lot of things lately. It was a miracle to have my sisters take me there and feel in my heart where I should be. Just these short moments helped me remember who I want to be. I want to be more like them. Thanks girls.

4 comments:

Lynne said...

It's always good to touch base with eternity when things are really out of whack!! I'm super glad you could remember some of the special picture moments!XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

HeavenlyHome said...

Next time I just know we'll all be wearing white! Imagine the smiles, then!

Nina said...

You deserved it all!! It was so much fun...you're "publishers clearinghouse" reaction to the surprise was priceless!! To be a part of bringing true joy to someone is a blessing. Love ya.

kamberlynne said...

awh! that is great! you all look so happy together! and I think that seeing eachother once every 5 years is NOT ENOUGH!!! soooo...when are we ALL (me included) gonna get together again? :D :P