Monday, March 16, 2009

Buncha Blonde Haired Beauties



Last week we got to go to a children's theatre Nina discovered targeted for preschool age children. Haven got to go a couple of weeks ago with Nina and McKinley while I was at the magic show at the elementary school with the boys. They saw "Pippy Longstocking" and loved it so when the opportunity came up to see another one we were all for it. This time we invited some other friends and we all headed out to see "The rainbow Fish". My girls love, number one... seeing pretty sparkly girls. And then numbers two three four etc. are singing, dancing, Mom and friends so it all wrapped up into another great day.



We were walking to the theatre from the parking garage and noticed that all 8 of our little girls are blonde headed babies. I remember when it seemed that me, along with every other person I knew, had boys. Lots of boys. It's just funny to see the shift!
So Haven has now been to two plays and is still complaining to me that she didn't get to actually play there. I'm trying to redirect her by letting her know that it's not actually a "play date" but a trip to the theater. When did it get so difficult to "culturalize" my children?

3 comments:

amber said...

Looks like fun! Love the bandana dresses. It must not be 40 degrees and rainy there??!
Recently Connor took a trip with the entire 7th grade to see Excalibur, the ballet. Let me tell you, the looks on their faces were not the same as your girls' and led me to believe they did NOT enjoy the theater as much as your girls did! So lucky to be you.

HeavenlyHome said...

I'm impressed you got a shot of them all sitting! If my kids see a stage, they expect to be on it!!!!! Especially my girly girl! Wish we could have joined you on your fun trip to the "theatre" (said in a culturalized voice!)

Lynne said...

How funny!!! Seems like deja vu to me. All my little girls frieds were blond! Jennie was a light brown at first! Then both she and Amber became dark brown over the years. Still seems like yesterday sometimes!