Monday, March 23, 2009

Meet Chewchi

And there there were five. Can you believe we have five dogs! As a friend pointed out... that is almost one per child. (Thanks Clark.)



Sooooo..... Chewchi is 100% Rylan's dog. As everyone knows, Rylan was having an extremely difficult time with Nana, Grandpa and Rachael moving to Washington. The timing for a friend to offer up one of her baby weiner dogs couldn't have been better. Without a doubt, I know that this little creature has kept Rylan's heart in one piece as it gives him something tangible to hold onto and love and loves him right back. It keeps his mind on someone who needs him and Rylan is doing an awesome job at keeping up with all the gazillion responsibilities that come along with a puppy. He wouldn't let anyone else hold him for days and then he had to go to school. As he left that morning he held his Chewchi (named by Rylan himself) up into his face and said "I'll miss you so much but I promise I will be back so soon. And I won't be that far away. Just right down the road. When I get back you will see that I keep my promises." I knew what he was drawing those emotions from. He misses his Nana beyond words.


And as you can see, Chewchi is getting along great with the others.


When Rylan goes to school he leaves Haven "in charge." Haven takes her job even more seriously than Rylan. The poor puppy hardly gets to walk the whole time Rylan is gone because Haven carries him everywhere.


But at night it is whoever is on the couch that gets the night time cuddles. This time it happened to be Payten. (Oh. I mean Snow white!)


But it's always back to Rylan. It's amazing how this little guy knows exactly where and with whom he belongs. I think he knows that Rylan needs him just as much as he needs Rylan.

6 comments:

Rae said...

Oh my heck! So stinkin cute. I'm glad he has something to cuddle with that can love him back! How I miss your little ones (well, B doesn't qualify, but I still miss him a ton too)! Life is weird without our kids just down the street. Give them all a big hug from me please. And make your giant son give you one from me too!

HeavenlyHome said...

Chewchi is already a full fledged member of the family! Those sleeping pics with the kids are so sweet! So which kiddo is neglected and doesn't have a dog to call their own??? Looks like you need just one more!

kim said...

Rylan is the only child with a dog to call his own. Mommy is the only adult with a dog to call her own (Alli my yorkie poo). The rest are communal members! I know I've said it before but.... NO MORE ANIMALS!!!! We love each of them dearly but let me reiterate.... NO MORE ANIMALS!!!

Jason and Shannon Ewing said...

What a cute post.

amber said...

Let ME reiterate, if anyone finds a lonely, starving, maimed or otherwise abandoned animal, PLEASE CALL KIM. She will save it. And love it. What a good example.
Rylan, I can see you and Haven are doing a wonderful job and have a perfectly wonderful new friend to love. Keep it up!

Lynne said...

How cute can this be! And, even though I get jealous (dumb!!!), I'm so very thankful Rylan has something tangible to hold on to!! You're such a great caretaker, Rylan. Love you and miss you all more than you'll ever know! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO