Saturday, November 1, 2008

AHHHH(in a scary Halloween way!)


So are any of your kids as candy drugged up as mine are? I feel like I have spent too many years rationing out the bags in attempt to avoid the candy and cavity goon overload but I have taken a new approach. Eat it all. Eat every last piece until it is all gone and you all lie around sick as dogs because you can't do anything else. Meanwhile I have time to clean up every tootsie roll. pixie stick, lollipop, laffy taffy wrapper strung around the house (they must think they are groovy house decor because no matter how many times I say put the wrappers in the trash I keep finding them everywhere!) Notice I don't find any chocolate candy wrappers because those have already been confiscated. Of course that is done only out of the kindness of my heart to avoid further tummy aches and caffeine addictions. I'M JUST KIDDING! (nobody send me any "You're a bad Mom" e-mails:>)!) That's just the way I feel sometimes. We have a lot of fun dressing up and meeting all the new people along the way. Sometimes it's just fun to be super silly. Happy Halloween! til next year...

2 comments:

amber said...

Hi Spooky Drapers,
The costumes are awesome! Kim, you're always the life of any party, especially when chocolate is involved! My tip: At the Joyce house we handle the candy overload by bagging it up and saving it to decorate AMAZING gingerbread houses in December... and then I throw it away, but don't tell the kids!!!

Cothran Family said...

Amber's got the right idea, I take half of the kids candy and it becomes stocking stuffers, then Santa saves $15 on candy at christmas. You're kiddos look adorable! I love the costumes. Looks like you guys had too much fun. And yes, those wrappers keep appearing at my house too. Love you guys!