Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trevan's got the force



Trev was the one who kicked off the Jedi idea and the rest of the boys were in on it right away. I found out that fleece was more expensive than I had thought but scored when I found the perfect brownish colored blankets for half off making them cheaper to make than I had hoped. Wrap in the price of a seamstress extraordinaire Mom sewing them together in a Jedi fashionable way and bada bing..it's all good. (Big thanks Mom.)
Also, update on Trev...He is cruising along in first grade and I also had my first parent/teacher conference with Mrs. Ablinger where I got to hear some great stuff about Trev. A lot of the "you're so smart" focus has always gone to Rylan but I was made very aware of the fact that Trevan is exceptional as well. He just doesn't like it as much. Learning is a fun game for Rylan but Trevan is bright and does what he's told so I guess that makes for greatness too. They took the benchmarks also to see where the kids were at and Trevan scored a 100 on it! I was happily surprised. His teacher is recommending him for the SAGE program (gifted and talented) and I never even knew he was that on top of it. Way to go T-Bird. And his biggest improvement this year has been his social behavior. Every year his teachers tell me that he is a very "cool" kid with lots of friends but that they have to often redirect his talking. This year he's still super cool but has learned the concept of place and time. Thanks for being so awesome Trevan. We are very proud of you, your brains and your kind heart. We think your the best 7 year old out there!

No comments: