Friday, November 7, 2008

The Girls Have Chicken Pox


This week has been much more scary than last week's Halloween. All of the kids have been sick. Brayden had an infection in his gum line where the dentist said his eight year molar is coming in. Yes, I know. He's only almost six. The boys have all had strep this week and now the girls are starting to come down with it too on top of their chicken pox. After Brayden's autism diagnosis and the research into links of causes, we have chosen not to continue with the immunizations for the younger ones. Not the I have ever been fully convinced that the preservatives in the shots solely causes the autism but with everything we have already been through with Brayden...I couldn't bring myself to chance it. We will pick up the immunizations again next year when it is supposed to be mandated that the shelves will be cleared of the particular preservative many have linked to the autism. Meanwhile it's just chicken pox. It started out very mild at first. I haven't seen chicken pox since Bryan was 4 years old so I wasn't sure that's what is was for the first couple of days. Actually I was clueless. Then I think it's starting to get better and and today Haven woke up with new ones on her face and under her arms. Haven has it a lot worse than Payten but doesn't let it slow her down. Poor Payten is just miserable though. Her clinginess and crying has slowed us all down. Especially me as I spend most of my time holding her. It has been a hard week. Not good timing since I have Scentsy parties and more markets for Pretties For My Princess pretty much every weekend through the holidays and some during the week as well. I've missed out on a lot of prep time. Oh well. Sometimes it takes things like this to slow us down and take the time to just be still.

2 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

Poor sweeties! No immunizations for us either! Same reason... give extra hugs and kisses and snuggles from us! We're praying for them...and you!

amber said...

Hi Kim,
So sorry to hear your family is sick. That is the pits. Hopefully everyone will be feeling better in a few days. Put on your pajamas, too, and try to enjoy the at-home quarantine while it lasts....
Love and well wishes.